Get an up-close look at the Eameses’ celebration of life, art, and work as captured by their perfect arrangements of objects collected through their lives, all still set carefully in place. Feel how the house satisfied the Eameses’ original design mandate: to “…aid as background for life in work”.
The private interior tour walks visitors through the ground level of the house as well as the studio. We allow four guests inside at a time; larger group interior visits may be arranged and are personalized to accommodate timing constraints. The guided tour is roughly 90 minutes long and packed with information on the history of the site, as well as on Charles and Ray.
- $275 ($225 members) for 1-2 adults.
$450 ($400 members) for 3-4 adults.
- We offer tours for larger groups depending upon availability. Pricing is based on number of visitors.
- Children 12 and under are not permitted inside the residence.
- Reservations are required at least four business days in advance.
All proceeds support conservation work under the 250 Year Project.
How To Reserve an Interior Tour:
Hours: Appointments are available at 10:30, 12:30 and 2:30. Tours are not offered on Wednesdays or Sundays. We recommend booking your appointment at least one week in advance in order to avoid disappointment.
Booking a Tour: To check availability for an Interior Tour, please fill in the below form or call (310) 459-9663. We will contact you within two business days to schedule a date and time.
To reserve your tour time, a deposit of $137.50 is required. Payment may be made via credit card by calling us at (310) 459-9663. The remaining balance is due at the time of the tour, and may be paid via cash or credit card. YOUR VISIT IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOUR DEPOSIT IS RECEIVED AT THE EAMES FOUNDATION.
A 100% refund will be provided up to three full business days in advance of the tour (i.e., by midnight PST Wednesday for Monday); no refund or date exchanges will be provided thereafter.
If you have any questions or to follow up on the status of your request, please call (310) 459-9663 or email us at [email protected].
You are visiting a National Historical Landmark located on private grounds. Please help us safeguard Charles and Ray’s home by respecting the directions of our staff and by following these guidelines during your visit:
1. Reservations and deposit are required.
2. No parking at the House; see Directions for parking details.
3. No interior photographs; exterior photos for personal use only, not for publication of any kind.
4. You are visiting the House and grounds at your own risk. This historic site sits on a bluff with steep slopes: stay clear of the edge. It is a natural terrain: pay attention to your footing as there are many level changes.