A tradition of the Eameses, picnics in the meadow were a delight, with a focus on food and scintillating talk.
Our picnics are fully catered and presented à la Charles and Ray Eames and include an interior tour of the ground floor of the residence and the studio. We start picnics around noon, and for the first hour you will have the site mostly to yourselves.
We will set up a blanket and food for you to eat on our lovely meadow in front of the house. Relax and take in the same view that Charles and Ray did every day.
- $750 ($675 members) for 1-4 adults and children, additional guests may be included (maximum of 8) for an additional fee. While children under 13 are included in the picnic, they may not enter the house and studio.
- Reservations and any dietary restrictions are required one week in advance.
- $150 deposit required to confirm booking, which is refundable up to two business days in advance.
- Limited to four adults; picnic baskets of sandwiches, salads, fruits, deserts and drinks may be provided, depending upon dietary restrictions.
All proceeds support conservation work under the 250 Year Project.
How To Reserve Your Picnic:
Hours: Appointments are available between 11:00 and 12:00. Picnics are not offered on Wednesdays or Sundays. We recommend booking your appointment at least one week in advance in order to avoid disappointment.
Booking a Visit: To check availability for a picnic, please fill in the below form or call (310) 459-9663. We will contact you within two business days to schedule a date and time.
To reserve your picnic and tour time, a $150 deposit is required. Payment may be made via credit card by calling us at (310) 459-9663. The remaining balance is due at the time of the tour, and may be paid via cash or credit card. YOUR VISIT IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOUR DEPOSIT IS RECEIVED AT THE EAMES FOUNDATION.
A 100% refund will be provided up to 2 full business days in advance of the tour (i.e., by midnight PST Wednesday for Monday); no refund will be provided thereafter.
If you have any questions or to follow up on the status of your request, please call (310) 459-9663 or email us at [email protected].
You are visiting a National Historical Landmark located on private grounds. Please help us safeguard Charles and Ray’s home by respecting the directions of our staff and by following these guidelines during your visit:
1. Reservations and deposit are required.
2. No parking at the House; see Directions for parking details.
3. No interior photographs; exterior photos for personal use only, not for publication of any kind.
4. You are visiting the House and grounds at your own risk. This historic site sits on a bluff with steep slopes: stay clear of the edge. It is a natural terrain: pay attention to your footing as there are many level changes.