Take your pleasure seriously. — Charles Eames
Welcome to the 70th Anniversary Year Celebration of the Eames House!
Our virtual celebration began on June 20th 2020 (Charles and Ray’s 79th wedding anniversary) and lasted through the end of June. Videos were posted throughout the month that explored the Eameses’ approach to life and work, including: an Eames House bird design-making activity, a flower arranging workshop, conservation content, a glimpse of the Eames House interior, as well as staff and docent insights.
All these videos are now housed on our YouTube channel. Make sure to subscribe for future videos!
A Gift from the Eames Foundation: Make Your Own Paper Fortune Teller!
Thank you for joining us for our 70th Anniversary Year virtual celebration of the construction of the Eames House! We hope you enjoy the gift commemorating this year’s event. You can download the Fortune Teller here and the assembly instructions here.
Monday, June 29, 2020:
- Family Stories: Eames Demetrios Memories, Ray 1988. Eames Demetrios, Chairman, Eames Foundation Board of Directors, shares memories of his grandparents at their iconic home.
Friday, June 26, 2020:
- Q&A: Docent Insights. Introduced by Joan Mace, Eames House docents share their learnings and favorite aspects of the Eames House, including the experience of being a volunteer for the Foundation.
Wednesday, June 24, 2020:
- Making Activity: Creating a Paper Eames House Bird. Carla Hartman explore inspirations for creating your own paper Eames House bird after an inspiring tour of past Members Appreciation Day making activities. Download your paper Eames House bird template: Eamespaperbird2020
Monday, June 22, 2020:
- Interview: 250 Year Project. Lucia Dewey Atwood explores how the Foundation’s 250 Year Project safeguards the spirit of Charles and Ray’s home, while touching on past conversation projects completed under Phase 1. Future work will be addressed in the celebration’s year-end video.
Saturday, June 20, 2020: We are launching with two videos created under our 250 Year Project:
- Making Activity: Flower Arranging Class. Led by Elizabeth Saoud and introduced by Lucia Dewey Atwood, these classes have been developed as part of a catalogue exploring the site bouquets as they evolve through the seasons, holidays and use.
- Interview: Eames House North Flower Beds. Bob Newman, Ray Eames’ long-time gardener, shares teachings from Ray fostering the welcome embedded in the North Flower Bed.