Invite others to join you in experiencing the Eames House. Learn together about the history and legacy of Charles and Ray Eames. We think you will be pleasantly surprised at how much you can see of the interior through the windows of the house.
A group consists of 10 or more visitors. The maximum group size is 25 guests. If your group is more than 25 people, you will need to divide it. This will make your visit more enjoyable.
- Admission is $10.00; students with valid school identification are free. Please call for additional rules governing visits for students under age 18.
- Group exterior visits are limited to one hour.
- Reservations are required at least one week in advance.
- The organizer and representatives must make sure that all members of the group understand the below driving, parking and photography instructions.
How To Reserve a Group Exterior Visit:
Hours: Appointments are available between 10:30 and 3:30. We CLOSE to ALL visitors at 4:00, therefore a visit at 3:30 will only allow 30 minutes on site. We are closed on Wednesdays and Sundays.
Booking a Group Visit: To request a visit, please read the following information carefully. If you accept our Visitor Guidelines, please complete the below Group Visit Request form. We will contact you within two business days in order to finalize a date and time for your visit.
Once your visit is confirmed, sign and return the PDF form to the Foundation by fax at (310) 454-4413 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
If you have any questions or to follow up on the status of your request, please call (310) 459-9663 or email us at email@example.com.
YOUR VISIT IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOU HEAR DIRECTLY BACK FROM THE EAMES FOUNDATION STAFF. To help us care for Charles and Ray’s home, please be aware of the following requirements:
You are visiting a National Historical Landmark located on private grounds. Please help us safeguard the fragile environment both inside and outside the House by respecting the directions of our staff and by following these guidelines during your visit.
- The organizer must provide one or more representatives, who will be responsible for communicating these rules and for managing the group while on site.
- Appointments are required to visit the Eames House. Group appointments are offered between 10:30 am and 3:00 pm. Your group exterior visit is limited to one hour. The maximum group size is 25; if your group is larger than 25 persons, it must be divided. Contact us directly at 310-454-4413.
- No visitors are allowed inside the House or Studio. The curtains will be open during your visit so you may view the interior. Please, do not lean or tap on the structure, including the many glass surfaces. Please do not pull the cord for the doorbell. Please do not sit on or use the benches in the patio or the swing in the meadow.
- There is no parking at the Eames House itself. The nearest public parking is on a nearby street named Corona del Mar. Remember, this is public parking so do not leave any valuables in your car while you are visiting the Eames House. Do not drive down the private drive: it is narrow, there is no passing lane, and you may get stuck.
- No Interior photographs of the House or Studio are allowed. Do not shoot through the doors or windows. Photos are for personal use only and may not be used for publication of any kind.
- No smoking allowed anywhere on the property. No eating on the grounds.
- There are no restroom facilities available for visitors.
- WARNING: You are visiting the House and grounds at your own risk. This historic site sits on a bluff with steep slopes: stay clear of the edge. It is a natural terrain: pay attention to your footing as there are many level changes.
By signing below, and in consideration of the opportunity to visit this historical landmark, you acknowledge and agree on behalf of yourself and as parent / guardian of any minors accompanying you, that you release and waive any claims (such as claims for personal injury) against the Eames Foundation arising from or related to your visit here.