TEMPORARILY CLOSED TO NEW RESERVATIONS.
Like you, we are closely monitoring news related to the COVID-19 outbreak. As we respond to this challenging environment, we will update you on our website banner/social media/blogs. The safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our top priority. We thank you for your understanding.
Invite others to join you in experiencing the Eames House. Get an up-close look into the Eames’ celebration of life, art, and work. During your 90-minute visit, you will enjoy a guided exterior tour packed with information on the history of the Eameses, their home and the site, as well as free time to explore the grounds or ask more questions. Various curtains and windows will be open during your visit so you may view into the house. We think you will be pleasantly surprised at how much you can see of Charles and Ray’s living and working spaces through the windows.
A group currently consists of 10 visitors on site at a time. However if your group is larger, you may divide it in half (up to 20 guests) for 45 minutes or thirds (up to 30 guests) for 30 minutes each. This will make your visit more intimate as well as safer.
If your group is smaller than 10 guests, please use the booking calendar under the Guided Exterior Tour. If you would like a private site visit for your group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $30 Per Adult
- $10 Per Student (Current ID must be shown upon arrival for students 8 and over)
- Free for ages 7 and under
- All visitors must agree to abide by our Covid-19 Safety Protocols.
- Reservations are required at least one week in advance. Please call for additional rules governing visits for students under age 18.
- The organizer and representatives must make sure that all members of the group understand the below driving, parking and photography instructions.
How To Reserve a Group Guided Exterior Tour:
Hours: Currently, tours are available Mondays at 12:30pm and 2:30pm, and Fridays at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm. Please be aware availability is limited at this time. Saturdays are temporarily unavailable. We are closed to the public on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Booking a Tour: To request a visit, please read the following information carefully. If you accept our Visitor Guidelines, please complete the below Group Visit Request form. We will contact you within two business days in order to finalize a date and time for your visit.
Payment is due at time of booking. All ticket sales are final. No refunds or date exchanges will be issued, except if the site is closed in response to elevated fire or Covid-19 concerns. For the safety of the staff and others, please reschedule your visit if you have been in contact with any person who has or may have contracted Covid-19 in the last 2 weeks, even if it is the day of the tour.
Your visit is not confirmed until you receive your receipt of payment in your confirmation email, or hear directly back from the Eames Foundation Staff.
Before you arrive, please download our Visitor Flyer for reference during your visit.
If you have questions or difficulties, you may reach us at (310) 459-9663 or email@example.com.
You are visiting a National Historical Landmark located on private grounds. Currently special Covid-19 restrictions apply for the safety of staff and visitors. Please help us care for Charles and Ray’s home by respecting the directions of our staff and by following these guidelines during your visit:
- Masks (not bandanas, gaiters, etc.) and social distancing are required.
- All visitors 12 and older must attest to being vaccinated.
- The organizer must provide one or more representatives, who will be responsible for communicating these rules and for managing the group while on site.
- Group reservations are required. NO DROP-INS PERMITTED.
- No interior photographs are permitted; do not shoot through the doors or windows. Exterior photos are for personal use only, not for publication of any kind.
- No parking at the House; do not drive down the private drive. The drive is narrow without room for parking or turning around. The nearest public parking is on a nearby street named Corona del Mar. Remember, this is public parking so do not leave any valuables in your car while you are visiting the Eames House. See Directions for parking details.
- The Eames House is ALL the way at the end of the private way. Please respect our neighbors and do not knock or ring doorbells.
- Children must not be left unattended.
- No visitors are allowed inside the House or Studio. The curtains will be open during your visit so you may view the interior. Please, do not lean or tap on the structure, including the many glass surfaces. Please do not pull the cord for the doorbell. Please do not sit on or use the benches in the patio or the swing in the meadow.
- No smoking allowed anywhere on the property. No eating on the grounds.
- There are no restroom facilities available for visitors.
WARNING: You are visiting the House and grounds at your own risk. This historic site sits on a bluff with steep slopes: stay clear of the edge. It is a natural terrain: pay attention to your footing as there are many level changes.
By signing below, and in consideration of the opportunity to visit this historical landmark, you acknowledge and agree on behalf of yourself and as parent / guardian of any minors accompanying you, that you release and waive any claims (such as claims for personal injury) against the Eames Foundation arising from or related to your visit here.
TEMPORARILY CLOSED TO NEW RESERVATIONS.