Interior Tours currently unavailable. Fill out request form to join our wait list.
Like you, we are closely monitoring news related to the COVID-19 outbreak. As we respond to this challenging environment, we will update you on our website banner/social media/blogs. The safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our top priority. We thank you for your understanding.
Get an up-close look at the Eameses’ celebration of life, art, and work as captured by their perfect arrangements of objects collected through their lives, all still set carefully in place. Feel how the house satisfied the Eameses’ original design mandate: to “…aid as background for life in work”.
The private interior tour walks visitors through the ground level of the Eames House. We allow a maximum of four guests inside at a time. The guided tour is roughly 90 minutes long and packed with information on the history of the site, as well as on Charles and Ray.
- $275 ($225 members) for 1-2 adults.
$450 ($400 members) for 3-4 adults.
- Children 15 and under are not permitted inside the residence.
A portion of proceeds help support conservation work under the 250 Year Project.
How To Reserve an Interior Tour:
Hours: Appointments are available at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm. We recommend booking your appointment at least one week in advance in order to avoid disappointment.
Booking a Tour: To check availability for an Interior Tour, please fill in the below form. We will contact you within two business days to schedule a date and time.
To reserve your tour time, a deposit of $137.50 is required. Payment details will be provided in the confirmation email. Please note: payment must be made via credit card. YOUR VISIT IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOUR DEPOSIT IS RECEIVED AT THE EAMES FOUNDATION.
A 100% refund will be provided up to three full business days in advance of the tour (i.e., by midnight PST Wednesday for Monday); no refund or date exchanges will be provided, except when the site is closed in response to elevated fire or Covid-19 concerns.
Before you arrive, please download our Visitor Flyer for reference during your visit.
For the safety of the staff and others, please reschedule your visit if you have been in contact with any person who has or may have contracted Covid-19 in the last 2 weeks, even if it is the day of the tour.
If you have any questions or to follow up on the status of your request, please email us at email@example.com.
You are visiting a National Historical Landmark located on private grounds. Currently special Covid-19 restrictions apply for the safety of staff and visitors. Please help us care for Charles and Ray’s home by respecting the directions of our staff and by following these guidelines during your visit:
- Masks (not bandanas, gaiters, etc.) and social distancing are required.
- All visitors 12 and older must attest to being vaccinated.
- Reservations are required. NO DROP-INS PERMITTED.
- No interior photographs are permitted. Exterior photos are for personal use only, not for publication of any kind.
- No parking at the House; do not drive down the private drive. The drive is narrow without room for parking or turning around. The nearest public parking is on a nearby street named Corona del Mar. Remember, this is public parking so do not leave any valuables in your car while you are visiting the Eames House. See Directions for parking details.
- The Eames House is ALL the way at the end of the private way. Please respect our neighbors and do not knock or ring doorbells.
- Children must not be left unattended.
- No smoking allowed anywhere on the property. No eating on the grounds.
- There are no restroom facilities available for visitors.
WARNING: You are visiting the House and grounds at your own risk. This historic site sits on a bluff with steep slopes: stay clear of the edge. It is a natural terrain: pay attention to your footing as there are many level changes.