Twilight tours currently unavailable.
We continue to closely monitor news related to the COVID-19 outbreak. As we respond to this challenging environment, we will update you on our website banner/social media/blogs. The safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our top priority. We thank you for your understanding.
Enjoy the magic of the Eames House from twilight to sunset. Gain a unique understanding of the house as the colors and light evolve as dusk approaches, while getting an up-close look at the Eameses’ celebration of life, art, and work. Feel how the house and its carefully arranged objects satisfied the Eameses’ original design mandate: to “…aid as background for life in work”.
The private twilight tour walks visitors through the ground level of the house as well as the studio. We allow up to four guests inside at a time; larger group visits may be arranged and are personalized to accommodate timing constraints. The guided tour is roughly 90 minutes long and packed with information on the history of the site, as well as on Charles and Ray.
- Reservations are required.
- $1,000 for up to 4 adults.
- We offer tours for larger groups depending upon availability. Pricing is based on number of visitors.
- Children 15 and under are not permitted inside the residence.
- All visitors must agree to abide by our Covid-19 Safety Protocols.
Hours: Start times are based on changing sunset times throughout the year. Appointments are available on Thursdays and Fridays, at which point the start time will be identified. We recommend booking your appointment at least one week in advance in order to avoid disappointment.
A portion of proceeds help support conservation work under the 250 Year Project.
You are visiting a National Historical Landmark located on private grounds. Please help us care for Charles and Ray’s home by respecting the directions of our staff and by following these guidelines during your visit:
- Masks (not bandanas, gaiters, etc.) are required. See Covid Safety Protocols.
- No interior photographs are permitted. Exterior photos are for personal use only, not for publication of any kind.
- No parking at the House; the nearest public parking is on a nearby street named Corona del Mar. See Directions for parking details. Do not leave valuables in your car while you are visiting the Eames House.
- The Eames House is ALL the way at the end of the private way. Please respect our neighbors and do not knock or ring doorbells.
- Children must not be left unattended.
- No smoking allowed anywhere on the property.
- Warning: You are visiting the House and grounds at your own risk. This historic site sits on a bluff with steep slopes: stay clear of the edge. It is a natural terrain: pay attention to your footing as there are many level changes.
How to Book:
To check availability for a Twilight Interior Tour, please fill in the below form or call (310) 459-9663. We will contact you within two business days to schedule a date and time.Your visit is not confirmed until you receive your receipt of payment in your confirmation email (please check your spam folder).
Payment is due at time of booking. All ticket sales are final. A 50% refund will be provided up to one week in advance of the tour; no refund or date exchanges will be provided thereafter, except when the site is closed in response to elevated fire or Covid-19 concerns. For the safety of the staff and others, please cancel your visit prior to the tour if you are sick or have been in contact with any person who has or may have contracted Covid-19 in the last 2 weeks.
If you have questions, you may reach us at (310) 459-9663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.